The WI originated in Canada in 1897 and today is the largest voluntary women’s organisation in the UK with some 212,000 members in approximately 6,600 branches (and rising). More information on the WI – its history and current national campaigns and activities – can be found on the NFWI website: www.thewi.org.uk
Inkberrow WI celebrated its 100th birthday in 2020. We meet regularly at the village hall, usually on the first Wednesday of the month at 7.30pm and in addition to sub-groups catering for members’ specific interests, eg sewing, crafts and books we have regular outings to interesting locations and the cinema.
There is an annual subscription of £42 but you don’t have to join straight away. You can come along to a meeting or two as a visitor.
As well as additional outings and cinema visits, our programme for the coming months is:
FUTURE DATES/INFORMATION FOR INKBERROW WI
- Wednesday 6th October 7.30pm – Monthly meeting
Professor Gittoes – Osteoporosis Prevention for Women
- Wednesday 3rd November 7.30pm – Monthly Meeting
Memories, moments and Mementos. Carried over from last year a chance to look at Inkberrow scrapbooks over the last 100 years, chat about our memories and record some new ones for our next 100 years. Birthday cake and a toast – a little late but worth waiting for!
- Wednesday 1st December 7.30pm – Monthly Meeting
Christmas Crafts and Social – demonstrations and craft evening
- Wednesday January 5th 2022, 12.30pm
Lunch at Kings Court Hotel
- Wednesday February 2nd 2022 7.30pm -Monthly Meeting
Steve Wilkes Travelogue
- Wednesday March 2nd 2022 7.30pm -Monthly Meeting
Gardening with Wildlife in Mind
- Wednesday April 6th 2022 7.30pm -Monthly Meeting
Dogs for Good
- Wednesday May 4th 2022 7.30pm -Monthly Meeting
AGM – Resolutions – Quiz Platinum Jubilee
- Wednesday June 1st 2022 7.30pm -Monthly Meeting
To be arranged
Interested? Just come along or if you want to find out more please contact Janet on 01386 791575